Sep 07 2013
A Scary Look Inside Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Tacos
By Blake Buford, HoneyColony Original
Featuring more than 100 ingredients, the Doritos Locos Taco is the most addictive food-like product Taco Bell has ever designed. It’s a scary look inside Taco Bell culture. Here’s a look at what’s inside—including chemicals so dangerous they are banned in other countries.
Ingredients Linked To Disease
- Yellow Dye #5, Yellow Dye #6, Red Dye #40: Tied to hyperactivity in children, allergic reactions, and cancer. All three are banned voluntarily in the UK.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): Linked to heart problems, obesity, eye damage, headaches, fatigue, disorientation, depression, and nerve damage.
- Mono- and Diglycerides: Linked to heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- Carrageenan: Linked to intestinal disease and categorized as a possible carcinogen. This is currently banned in infant formula in Europe.
- Genetically Modified Soy: The soy-based ingredients in this product are likely genetically modified, linking them to changes in reproductive hormones, damage to the pituitary gland, and endometriosis.
- Genetically Modified Corn: 88% of American corn crops are genetically modified, with studies linking these monstrosities to cancer and organ failure.
Full List Of Ingredients
Doritos Locos Taco Shell: ground corn treated with lime, vegetable oil (sunflower, canola, corn, and/or soybean oil), water, and less than 2 percent of the following: corn flour, maltodextrin, salt, cheddar cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), whey, monosodium glutamate, buttermilk, romano cheese (part-skim cow’s milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), whey protein concentrate, onion powder, corn oil, corn flour, disodium phosphate, natural and artificial flavor, dextrose, tomato powder, lactose, spices, artificial color (FD&C Yellow No. 6, caramel color, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Red No. 40, extractives of tumeric, extractives of annatto), lactic acid, citric acid, sugar, garlic powder, nonfat milk, red and green bell pepper powder, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, TBHQ (preservative).
Seasoned Beef: beef, water, seasoning (cellulose, chili pepper, onion powder, salt, oats, maltodextrin [corn, potato, tapioca], soy lecithin, tomato powder, sugar, soybean oil, sea salt, yeast extract, spices, garlic powder, citric acid, caramel color, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, potassium chloride, cocoa powder processed with alkali, natural and artificial flavors, trehalose, modified corn starch, inactivated yeast, lactic acid, torula yeast, natural smoke flavor), salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2 percent beef broth, potassium phosphate, potassium lactate.
Cheddar Cheese: cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, annatto (color), anti-caking agent.
Reduced-Fat Sour Cream: milk, cream, modified corn starch, lactic acid, maltodextrin, gelatin, modified tapioca starch, sodium phosphate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, natural and artificial flavor, guar gum, mono- and diglycerides, locust bean gum, carrageenan, vitamin A.
Source: Taco Bell
josiemsmith - 6 BeeBucks
Such an informative article. This is what I'm trying to teach my family about.
texaswelsh - 9 BeeBucks
So glad I have given up fast food. They are really turning us into a diseased nation.
Rae0587 - 148 BeeBucks
That's awesome to hear, "theyoungretiree"!
My husband said it isn't even flavorful in any sense of the word. This is just.. gross
theyoungretiree - 6 BeeBucks
My husband and I stopped eating fast food all together January 1, 2013. It has been the best decision for us and articles like this give me the strength to overcome the marketing, and memories of fast food. There is nothing good about the items! I can't believe people would have this information at their fingertips and still make the choice to eat it :(
Add a Review : A Scary Look Inside Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Tacos
You must be logged in to post a comment.