Nov 27 2013
Creamy Kale Salad
By Magda Freedom Rod, Buzzworthy Blogs
All ingredients are organic!
- 1 bunch dark green “dino” kale (8-10 stems)
- 3 tbsp shelled hempseed (see related products)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Avocado
- Sea Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Bragg’s yeast flakes
- Optional: *Herbs: Braggs make a great blend of over 24 herbs called “Sprinkle” that works very well here
- Optional: *For a superfood boost add 1 tsp Health Force Spirulina powder along with other ingredients before adding avocado
- Wash kale and remove leaves from stems (save stems for juicing!), tear into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, squeeze ½ lemon onto kale and massage well. This is a critical step because you are breaking down the kale for easy digestion and absorption. Add juice of second half of lemon if needed or desired.
- Add all other ingredients except avocado and mix and massage with hands until the majority of the crunch is out of the kale.
- Add diced avocado into the kale and using your hands, continue massaging until all leaves are coated and thick and creamy.
- Taste test and add any amount of herbs, lemon and salt to suit your taste. Garnish with a few hemp seeds and a sprinkle of yeast flakes. Enjoy this nutritionally dense and delicious salad!
Magda Freedom Rod is a yogini and health & lifestyle guide based in Los Angeles. She writes about health & wellness and offers guidance for a sustainable lifestyle. Learn more on her website Visionary-Lifestyle.
Submit your story or essay to Buzzworthy Blogs.