Buzzworthy Blogs are transformational blogs for readers who have something to share. We want to feature your personal tales of transformation, interesting life experiences, and op-eds on an array of topics—local and national legislation, headline news, social activism, and trends related to food, diet, water, air, mental health, wellness, disease, travel, and our changing world.
Feel free to contribute a relevant story, essay, or article that’ll inspire us. Or make us think twice. We’d love to hear what’s on your mind.
Authors, artists, and documentarians with relevant content are invited to submit as well.
Healthy homemade recipes are also welcome!
We reach two million folks per month and our newsletter goes out to 40,000! We will feature your blog on our platforms!
- Submission Format: Send in a word document or log in and enter the story yourself if you are familiar with wordpress.
- Subject Line: Please write the title of your blog post
- Length: Not too long, not too short (800 to 1000 words)
- Style: Your voice
- Hyperlinks: Please reveal the link address in your draft in parenthesis
- Bio: Please send a short bio and a high-res square headshot, and include your HoneyColony profile link, if you have one
- HoneyColony Profile: Sign up as a new member and we can link your blog post to your profile
- Email: maryam(at)honeycolony(dot)com
- What to expect: A post that you can share
- Notification: Yes, if your post goes live
- Tips: Originality, personality, great writing
- If you are writing an actual article, please include original quotes, we do not publish fluffy cosmo bs.
- Curate if you’d like and include a cool infographic or embedded video
Getting on Our WordPress Site:
- If you are not already registered on Honeycolony, please register and send us your username right away, and let us know the title of the story you are contributing. Once we get your username, we will make you a “user” and you can add articles on our wordpress page.
- Once we let you know you are a “user” of the site, please log on. On the top right-hand corner of the page you should see “Howdy [your username]”. Click on that corner and you should be taken to our WordPress site.
- On the “Article” tab on the left-hand column, click on “Add Article”.
Adding the Post in WordPress:
- Title: Interesting, attention-grabbing titles that tell a bit about what the article is about. Make sure to type in the title instead of copying and pasting it from Word, for example, which can break things.
- Content box: This is of course for your content. We try to keep the tone as accessible and helpful as possible. Please make sure to include links in the body of your post, both for your sources and for any relevant articles you want to link back to. You can include extra photos/video in this box if it serves to enhance the post.
- Post Photo: The photo that will appear at the top of the post needs to be 1000 X400. Choose one that we have the rights to use. You can go to Flikr and find an image In Creative Commons or Commercial Use Allowed. You can also use Wikimedia Commons, .gov sites, or Thinkstock, or a picture you personally took. We strongly urge you to use PicMonkeyto crop and resize your image to the correct dimensions before uploading.
- To upload a photo, click on “choose file” and then hit “upload photo.” A box should pop up that allows you to move the picture around to choose how you want it to appear, then hit “save photo” when it looks right.
- Tags: To the right of the content box is the box where you mark the “tags” for your story. Please choose and enter any/all relevant terms for which people may want to search/there may be other posts about.
- Category: Choose as many categories that fit your topic.
- Custom Fields: If you don’t see Custom Fields, go to “Screen Options” at the top right of the page and check the “custom fields” box. Then, from the dropdown menu, choose “credit” for the photo credit. You can format the photo credit like this:<i>Photo Credit: <a href=”URLofphoto”>nameofphotographer</a></i>
- Headings: Please make sure to put the headings in “Heading 3” type.
Thanks for sharing your story!
Read Buzzworthy Blogs
Maryam Henein is an investigative journalist, professional researcher, and producer of the award-winning documentary Vanishing of the Bees.
Find out more about Maryam….