Jun 15 2013
Peppermint Chocolate Dessert Smoothie
- 1 cup homemade raw almond milk, sweetened with dates
- 6 cubes frozen almond milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 drops therapeutic-grade organic peppermint essential oil
- 1 large date
- ½ tablespoon prepared Irish moss or dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon Longevity in a Bottle (optional)
- 2 inches fresh aloe vera gel (optional)
- Garnish: raw cacao nibs
Make It Happen:
Make almond milk. Freeze almond milk in an ice cube tray until solid, saving at least one cup to the side. In a high speed blender (preferably a vita-mix with a tamper), blend all ingredients except the peppermint oil until smooth. Add the peppermint oil and blend lightly for a few seconds to incorporate. Pour into a glass and garnish with some raw cacao nibs.
Drink up and enjoy!