The endless uses for coconut oil for is no longer a surprise. With a wide range of health benefits it has become an essential product in every home.
Rich in saturated fats that increase healthy cholesterol (HDL) and convert bad cholesterol (LDL) into HDL, coconut oil is an ideal replacement for all the processed cooking oils that line your kitchen cabinets. Ingested, coconut oil promotes heart health, boosts energy, promotes weight loss and lowers the risk of heart disease.
Coconut oil can also be used topically as an all-natural replacement for creams and lotions that contain chemicals that promote aging.
We’ve compiled these 101 uses for coconuts to show you just how amazing and life changing this natural gift can be in your daily life.
Coconut Oil’s Internal And External Uses And Benefits:
1. Great for baking, stir-frys or as a dairy free replacement to butter.
2. It’s high Lauric acid and MCFA content helps boost metabolism.
3. There is some evidence that regular ingestion of coconut oil can help prevent or reverse Alzheimers.
4. In healthy brain boosting snack for kids like Coconut Clusters.
5. In a filling and energy boosting Brain Powder Smoothie.
6. Nursing moms can take 3-4 tablespoons a day (and Vitamin D) to increase milk supply and nutrients.
7. There is some evidence that coconut oil helps digestion and may even kill intestinal parasites or yeast
8. Mix a tablespoon with a tablespoon of chia seeds for an all-day energy boost (do NOT take this at night!).
9. Can help improve insulin levels.
10. Oil pulling with coconut oil and a drop of oregano oil helps improve gum health.
11. Can help improve cholesterol ratios.
12. Blend a tablespoon into hot tea to help speed recovery from cold or flu.
13. As a replacement for vegetable oils in any recipe.
14. Better for high-temperature cooking than olive or vegetable oils.
15.Is an immediate source of energy when eaten and isn’t stored as fat.
16. On the skin as a basic lotion.
17. In homemade lotion bars for soft, smooth skin
18. In homemade deodorant or deodorant bars.
19. As an eye-makeup remover.
20. As a cloth diaper safe diaper cream (just rub on baby’s bottom).
21. To lighten age spots when rubbed directly on the skin.
22. To prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
23. To help increase sun tolerance and avoid burning.
24. As a naturally SPF 4 sunscreen.
25. In homemade lotion recipes.
26. To get rid of cradle cap on baby- just massage in to head, leave on for a few minutes and gently rinse with a warm 27. wash cloth.
28. Topically to kill yeast or yeast infections.
29. As a delicious tropical massage oil.
30. A tiny dab rubbed on your hands and then through hair will help get rid of frizz.
31. As an intensive nighttime facial moisturizer.
32. Mixed with equal parts sugar for a smoothing body scrub (use in the shower).
33. Rubbed on lips as a natural chap stick.
34. Topically, can help skin heal faster after injury or infection.
35. Directly on the perineum to help heal after birth.
36. As an incredibly intensive natural conditioner- Rub into dry hair, put a shower cap on and leave for several hours.
37. On feet to fight athlete’s foot or tor fungus.
38.In place of Lanolin cream on nursing nipples to sooth irritation (also great for baby!).
39. Can help sooth psoriasis or eczema.
40. With apple cider vinegar as a natural treatment for lice that actually works.
41. In natural Homemade Sunscreen.
42. Rub coconut oil on the inside of your nose to help alleviate allergy symptoms.
43. In Homemade Natural Bug-Off Lotion Bars.
44. Can help reduce appearance of varicose veins.
45. After initial heat is gone, can help speed healing of sunburn.
46. As a natural personal lubricant that won’t disturb vaginal flora.
47. As a naturally antibacterial skin cream.
48. In natural homemade diaper cream.
49. As a natural shave cream and after shave lotion.
50. When used consistently on skin it can help get rid of cellulite.
51. To season cast iron skillets.
Combine All The Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil With The Power OF BulletProof Coffee. Power Your Mind And Body With This Amazing Bundle.
52. Can reduce the itch of mosquito bites.
53. Can help resolve acne when used regularly.
54. Can be rubbed into scalp daily to stimulate hair growth.
55. I’ve used in kids ears to help speed ear infection healing.
56. On split ends to de-frizz.
57. A small amount can be rubbed into real leather to soften and condition (shiny leather only… test a small area first).
58. By itself as a great tanning oil.
59. Mixed with salt to remove dry skin on feet.
60. Can help speed weight loss when consumed daily.
61. Can help improve sleep when taken daily.
62. Can be used to speed healing of fungal infections when taken internally and used externally.
63. A tablespoon melted into a cup of warm tea can help sooth a sore throat.
64. To help sooth the itch of chicken pox or poison ivy.
65. It has been shown to increase absorption of calcium and magnesium.
66. Internally as part of the protocol to help remineralize teeth.
67. Some evidence shows that the beneficial fats in coconut oil can help with depression and anxiety.
68. By itself as a natural deodorant.
69. By itself or with baking soda as a naturally whitening toothpaste.
70. For pets struggling with skin issues when used externally.
71. Some evidence suggests that the beneficial fats in coconut oil are helpful for those with Autism.
72. In homemade vapor rub.
73. As a safe cooking oil for deep frying.
74. A tablespoon taken before each meal can help improve digestion.
75. Can be taken in warm ginger tea to sooth heartburn or nausea.
76. As a completely natural baby lotion.
77. On hands after doing dishes to avoid dry skin.
78. Mixed with catnip, rosemary or mint essential oils as a natural bug repellent.
79. Can be used on mom’s nipple and baby’s mouth to help treat thrush.
80. Many use it as an anti-aging facial moisturizer.
81. Use to make coconut cream concentrate for a brain boosting snack.
82. Can be used internally and externally to speed recovery from UTIs.
83. When taken regularly, it can help fight candida.
84. When taken regularly, it can boost hormone production.
85. Can relieve the pain of hemorrhoids when used topically.
86. Can boost circulation and help those who often feel cold.
87. On cuticles to help nails grow.
88. Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows.
89. Add to smoothies to give them a nutritional boost
90. Internally during pregnancy to help provide baby necessary fats for development (especially when taken with Fermented Cod Liver Oil).
91. In any recipes where vegetable oils are used.
92. Whipped with shea butter for a soothing body balm.
93. Taken supplementally for daily energy
94. In making your own Remineralizing Toothpaste.
95. As a coffee creamer when emulsified into coffee (the only way I’ll drink coffee)
96. To support healthy thyroid function.
97. In homemade Mayo without the high PUFA vegetable oils.In cooking as a great oil with a high smoke point.
98. One reader swears by using coconut oil to treat yeast infection. She suggests soaking a tampon in it and inserting the tampon for a few hours.
99. Naturally clears up cold sores.
100. Ingesting coconut oil daily can help with allergy symptoms.
101. Ingesting coconut oil daily can increase mental alertness