A Little Bite Of Food And Your Partner
Maple syrup was the first of many sexy foods, I ate off of a lover’s body. I’ve had a lifelong love affair with maple’s sticky-sweet, boiled-down tree sap. I formed my obsession in childhood, during the icy Canadian winters, which were spent visiting the famed sugar shacks. As the years passed, I experimented widely with it, dripping it onto everything — bacon, coffee, banana bread. So, it seemed like an all-too natural progression to want to smear it on the body of my sexy boy-toy, licking it off with pure, sensory delight.
I had to warm my guy up to the idea. Prior to bringing it up, I spent weeks detailing my unending desire for maple syrup, my addiction, even my secret desire to bathe in it. He would laugh. Then one day, in post-coital bliss, I licked my lips and sighed ‘If only I could lick maple syrup off of you, I think my two passions would meld’. I peeked over slyly at him. “Too sticky,” he replied, but I could see a glimmer of curiosity in his eyes.
Sexy Foods: The First Frontier
The mission was on. I began fantasizing about the deed, getting more and more excited as time passed. I waited for the prime moment.
It arrived after a drunken soiree, when the two of us hurried home to my newly cleaned house. Our kisses were electric. I led him into the kitchen, shedding his clothes as we went. I pushed him onto a chair. He loved it. When I pulled out the maple syrup, he raised one eyebrow.
I got down on my knees and proceeded to drizzle the syrup on all his lickable parts. It was a delicious, sumptuous pinnacle in my sex life. Hours later, with maple syrup and red wine splattered across the kitchen floor, we lay entwined in each other’s arms. ‘So?’ I ventured. His grin widened as he proclaimed, “I’ll never look at maple syrup the same way again.”
With that, we were both initiated into the hedonistic fusion of food and sex.
Food & Sex: Intrinsically Connected
Food has become such a sophisticated pleasure in modern day society that whole movements are dedicated to it. The term “foodgasm” has even been coined to describe the heightened state of being one can experience when devouring a particularly delectable dish.
Recent studies connect eating with sexuality. The orbitofrontal cortex, which is stimulated upon orgasm, is the same part of our brain that registers taste sensations. This area, commonly known as ‘the pleasure center,’ illustrates our body’s close connection between taste and sexual pleasure.
Therefore, it seems only logical to combine the two experiences to achieve a heightened sense of pleasure.
5 Sexy Foods And Edible Treats
My partner and I soon started looking at other set foods and edibles to wet our palate while getting kinky. I’m a firm believer in delicious, whole foods that are untainted by chemicals and tampering. Especially when these foods are going on our skin, the bodies’ largest and most absorbent organ.
Here’s a list of my top five sexy foods to eat off of your lover’s body.
- Chocolate – Okay, it goes without saying that chocolate is one of the very first sexy foods that most of us think of in association with edible pleasure. The effects of chocolate on the brain — especially real, raw chocolate — have been studied for quite some time. Results show there are an extensive number of compounds in chocolate, which trigger the release of endorphins associated with pleasure.
While raw cacao chocolate pieces are delicious when being passed from one set of lips to another, I desired something more malleable to spread on the skin. Enter Chocolatl’s Raw Chocolate Maca Sauce. The consistency of Nutella, this dreamy chocolate treat is much healthier, rife with antioxidants and magnesium. It has become a staple in my sexual life. The taste is rich and poignant, it’s flavor lasting on your tongue for eons. Spread on any body part and it melts slowly, giving you a fair amount of time to taste and lick to your heart’s content.
- Raw Honey – Honey is so revered among the HoneyColony team that we prefer to eat it alone, unadorned so we can savor every drop. It is treated as a holy substance given to us from the all-powerful honeybee. It has a low-glycemic index, major curative properties and has even been found to help fight antibiotic resistance. I recently had a chance to sample Aseda Wild Honey, which is harvested by tribal members in Ghana’s Mole National Forest. The dark amber color and tangy chocolaty taste had me scrambling to eat it off my lover’s skin. This sexy food made its a sticky, sexy, and very fun night.
- Edible Lube – Lube is something that becomes a necessity when it comes to sexual experimentation. The first time my partner brought some over, it was a generic silicone brand with a high chemical content. Uh-uh, no way. I wasn’t putting that anywhere near my body – let alone my nether regions. Silicon and Petroleum lubes are highly unregulated and extremely toxic substances which have the potential to increase exposure to STDs.
HoneyColony suggests Curious Intimate Massage, a sophisticated, exquisite formula that prioritizes both wellness and pleasure. Curious is edible, but without fragrance or flavors to interfere or announce itself. The best product is one that allows you to forget it’s there. It feels natural. For real.
- Almond Butter – Okay this one might be a stretch for some of you. To me, almond butter is already a stunningly delicious super food. Its consistency might turn some of you away from including it on your naughty adventures, but one taste of Jem’s Cinnamon Almond Butter will change your mind. This butter is so good that many of us have been known to eat it standing up, fridge door open, right out of the jar. Almonds –especially ones that are organic and have been soaked and sprouted— are incredible little bites of male sexual health. They raise testosterone levels and also contain arginine, which has the ability to boost male sex drive by relaxing blood vessels and improving circulation to… well – the parts that most need blood circulation when you’re getting busy.
What’s more, due to the high levels of Vitamin E these nuts contain, consumption can also increase vaginal lubrication. Win-win! So, instead of enjoying a solo late night snack, I now bring almond butter into the bedroom to enjoy with my partner.
- Coconut Oil – Yes, the rumors are true. Coconut oil might possibly be the best thing that ever existed on this planet including being one of the best sexy foods. For your hair, your teeth, cuts, scrapes, and wounds. And definitely, most definitely, for slipping and sliding your way under the sheets. While it is not recommended to use this oil with latex condoms, it is one of the best lubricants I have ever found. Tasty and thorough, this oil makes everything better. And when I say everything, I mean everything. From erotic massage, rough penetration, anal play and more – this is the stuff. Extra virgin, of course.
Introducing sexy foods into my erotic life has changed the playing field. I have a new sense of awareness of my body. Previously innocent body parts -a knee, a wrist, the tips of my fingers- have become new playgrounds for erotic satisfaction. Combining this mindfulness with the ability to eat healthy, whole foods is like winning the carnal jackpot. It’s a whole new world – no guilt, no gluttony – simply the freedom to experience and explore another’s body in ways previously unknown.