Big Food doesn’t want you to know if it’s GMO—and new documents reveal the secret corporate strategy to squash labeling efforts nationwide.
Companies like Pepsi, Coca-Cola and General Mills, among others, continue to spend millions to keep food-labeling initiatives at bay. Monsanto and DuPont, for instance, recently ponied up to defeat a Washington state measure that would have required labeling on foods that include genetically modified ingredients.
And according to a recent article by Tom Philpott in Mother Jones, Big Food and its trade group, the Grocery Manufacturers Association, are doing more than just lobbying our elected officials on Capitol Hill. You can check out the “multi-pronged approach” in this newly uncovered memo here.
- Top Seven Genetically Modified Crops
- The Popular Food That Turns Your Gut Into A Pesticide Factory
- What’s Hiding In Your ‘Organic’ Food?
- Monsanto’s Roundup Herbicide Linked To Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease
- The Dangers Of Genetically Modified Corn