- ⅓ cup raw organic almonds or nut of your choice, chopped (preferably soaked and dehydrated 24 hours)
- 1 ½ teaspoon raw carob powder
- Dash or two of cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw maca powder
- 2 tablespoon cacao butter
- 2 tablespoon raw extra virgin coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 teaspoon raw sweetener of choice – clear agave, coconut nectar, yacon syrup, ethical raw honey or combination of these
Make It Happen:
Melt cacao butter and coconut oil using double boiler method (put them in small glass container and place that container in a bowl of hot water). Prepare a plate to serve as a mold by covering it in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Spread ½ chopped nuts onto plate. Set plate aside. In small mixing bowl, combine melted cacao butter and coconut oil and dry ingredients. Sifting the powders will make it smoother. To this, add sweetener of your choice and whisk until smooth. Taste, if needed, make any adjustments, whisk and taste again until it is to your liking. Pour chocolate mixture over nuts on plate. Sprinkle a very tiny amount of salt and remaining nuts evenly on top.
Place in fridge for 20 minutes or freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
Remove from plate and chop chocolate with knife or break into pieces with hands.