During a quick trip to Hawaii, HoneyColomy Founder Maryam Henein met Vegan Chef Todd, who is dedicated to conscious healthy living. He showed her how to make a Kitchari Recipe, a millennium-old Indian tradition that kindles the digestive fires and provides you with all the nutrition you need. And it’s absolutely delicious.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or ghee)
- 1 teaspoon cumin and fennel seeds
- Healthy dash of fenugreek, cumin, cayenne, masal mix
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- ½ cup baby red lentils, cleaned
- 3 ½ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cup mixed vegetables, zucchini, broccoli, beets, etc.
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Handful of currants or plump raisins and cashews
- Handful of cilantro
- * Everything is organic!
Make It Happen:
In a 2 quart pot, sauté the spices in coconut oil for three minutes. Add water and bring to a boil, then add lentils, rice, and turmeric and bring to a boil again. Chop vegetables, and add all ingredients. Return to a boil, cover, turn heat to low, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. With two minutes to go, add cilantro! You can also add ½ cup mixed raisins and chopped cashews after 15 minutes for extra flavor.
- Homemade ‘Nutella’ Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Organic Baby Food Recipes For Your Little One
- Tasty Zesty Garlic Kale Chips
- 5 Reasons To Join The Fermentation Frenzy
- Coconut Kefir In Your Kitchen