- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates or more if needed
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 cups raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw agave nectar
- ½ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon natural alcohol free orange flavour
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
To make the crust:
1. Place the almonds, dates and cacao powder in your food processor until well combined.
2. Roll this mixture into a ball (you might need a few more dates).
3. Grease a 9 inch springform cake tin with coconut oil.
4. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
To make the filling:
1. Place all of the filling ingredients into the blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until rich and creamy. You will need to use your tamper.
2. Pour the filling into the tin.
3. Cover this tin with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
4. Before serving, allow the cake to defrost for an hour and then place in the fridge.
To serve, remove cake from tin, cut into slices and serve with raw cashew cream, shaved raw vegan chocolate, and orange zest. YUMMO!