- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 5 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 basil leaf
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
Make It Happen:
- Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves and set aside.
- Blend cashews and filtered water in blender until a creamy consistency. Use a spatula to scrape down sides and continue to mix.
- Gradually add spinach to “milk” mixture and blend.
- Add garlic, basil, sea salt, ground pepper, and blend until well mixed.
- Chill or serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cucumbers, tomato, a small leaf of spinach and freshly cracked pepper.
This raw vegan recipe brings together protein-packed cashews, nutrient-rich spinach, and a slew of herbs and vegetables for a delicious room temperature (or chilled) soup. This nourishing recipe retains all of the nutrients in the veggies, since it isn’t heated to the normal high temperatures of standard soups. Serves two people. This recipe was inspired by Raw Epicurean.