- 2 cups organic coconut milk (exactly one 14 ounce can)
- 1 cup mango puree (4 2-ounce packs of Square One organic mango puree)
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 heaped tablespoon agar flakes
- ¼ teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
- Fresh mango pieces and toasted coconut flakes for serving
Make It Happen:
- Place all ingredients except the agar flakes in your blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Place this mixture in a saucepan and stir in the agar flakes. Allow to stand for 15 minutes allowing the flakes to begin dissolving.
- Gently bring the mixture to a simmer stirring constantly, and heat for about 5 minutes until agar is completely dissolved.
- If your agar doesn’t dissolve, push the mixture through a strainer and remove the last bit of clumped agar.
- You can put a little bit of the mixture with the clumped agar in the blender to smooth out and mix into the rest of the mixture.
- Lightly grease 6 small pots (or you can use lightly oiled muffin holes) and distribute the mixture evenly amongst them.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour to set.
- Top with toasted coconut and fresh mango pieces and serve. YUMMO! SCRUMMO!
This recipe was republished with permission from the author.