Raw Vegetable Lasagna Sheets and Filling
- 2 large zucchinis
- 3 yellow squash or yellow zucchini
- 6 large tomatoes
- For raw lasagna “sheets” shave thin strips with a large vegetable peeler.
- Hold each zucchini on the bench and peel off large thin strips.
- You will not use the first few narrow cuts. Use this for garnish.
- Now peel the yellow squash. If you have lots of seeds you will find that you only get good sheets with the outside layers until you reach the seeds.
- Now cut the tomatoes into ¼ inch or ½ inch thick slices depending on your preference.
- Set aside on layers of paper towel to get any excess liquid out while you make your sauces.
Raw Tomato Sauce:
- 2 cups sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (2 medium tomatoes)
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic
- ¾ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Throw all the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Season to taste. You want this sauce to be mild in order to blend with the pesto and the ricotta.
- 5 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ cups raw macadamias soaked (this is optional)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoon garlic
- Throw all of your ingredients into the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Season and tweak flavour balance to taste.
- 2 cups raw macadamias soaked (this is optional)
- ¾ cup – 1 cup filtered water for desired consistency
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro / coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped serrano chilli (more or less depending on the heat of your chilli)
- 1 tablespoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Throw all of the ingredients except the cilantro into your food processor and pulse until well combined and fluffy.
- Season and tweak flavours to taste.
- Now stir through the chopped cilantro.
- Lay 6 large plates out.
- Lay 3 slices of zucchini side by side to make a wide rectangle lasagne sheet base.
- Now use a palatte knife to spread some red sauce on top of each base.
- Lay 3 slices of yellow squash or zucchini on top of the sauce (if the squash is short layer width ways to keep to match the shape of the bottom layer.
- Place two tomato slices on top of the ricotta.
- Now place 3 more pieces of zucchini to make another sheet of pasta.
- Spread a layer of green pesto and top with two more pieces of tomato.
- Garnish with large fresh basil leaves and drizzle the whole plate with a bit of olive oil.
- I garnished with some gomasio.
- You could also surround the lasagne with some chopped cherry tomatoes tossed in olive oil. YUMMO!