Being passionate about something is a good thing. Doing something about that passion is even better. D. Gary Young recognized the extraordinary benefits of essential oils, which drove him to travel the world in search of the most effective essential oil distillation methods.
Young soon realized that there was a wide discrepancy in the quality of the oils that other companies were producing and providing to consumers. These companies put content into the mixture that took away from the purity of the oils, making their oils less effective than advertised. Young was unhappy with the quality of the oils and decided that it was the poor distilling method that was being used.
The Birth of Seed to Seal®
Young’s travels taught him that it was necessary to have a meticulous unflawed analysis of the finished product. He discovered that goodness and quality are two essential traits in the oil distilling process. Having a renewed commitment to the science of essential oils, Young founded Young Living Essential Oils. He developed the Seed to Seal® program with a promise that all Young Living Essential oils will “embrace a rigorous quality control standard to help ensure our products meet strict specifications.”
The founder of Young Living Essential Oils wanted to ensure that their customers received only the purest products. He wanted customers and their families to trust Young Living Essential Oils.
Gary and Mary Young built their company because they felt it was important to share their “matchless knowledge” about the “therapeutic power of plants.” They wanted to support people with untold discomforts and “transform their lives.”
The Three S’s
From the conception of his idea and throughout the preceding years, Young was able to grow a global company. and be personally involved every step of the way. To ensure compliance, Young focused on the three S’s.
The first step in the process is to make sure that sourced ingredients weren’t inferior or sourced unethically. The sourcing standard covers the following, and if a sourcing company breaks these standards Young Living Oils will reject them:
- Agricultural Practices
- Harvesting & Collection
- Extraction & Distillation Practices
- Storage & Bottling
Science is the cornerstone of Young Living. “Through our stringent, unyielding quality benchmarks, we are able to identify the most pure, genuine, and effective ingredients.” The company relies on its team of experts to thoroughly test and measure every component and property of essential oils.
The standards which Young Essential oils guarantee is their desire to do “business responsibly — from sustainably sourcing plants, to uplifting local communities, and to complying with environmental and other laws.”
As the company grew so did their community spirit. On one of his trips to Ecuador, Young noticed the poor state the schoolhouse was in. What was most shocking to him was that nobody bothered to repair it. Young saw the potential in each of the children in Ecuador, and decided to organize a transformation for the schoolhouse. It was this circumstance that led to the establishment of the Young Living Foundation.
The foundation focuses on giving communities “who receive far too little attention the tools and resources they need to unlock life-changing possibilities.” The foundation’s mission is to “protect and empower our world’s youth, and we work every day to achieve this by collaborating with partners and operating projects that champion education, develop enterprise, and end exploitation.”
One of the projects that the Young Living Foundation became involved in is a leadership development platform for girls. “Goals for Girls is a leadership development platform that uses soccer to teach young women how to be leaders and change makers in their own lives and in their communities.”
Benefits Of Aromatherapy
The benefits of essential oils are well-documented. Historically, essential oils were used to enhance daily lives, perform religious rites, support wellness, and were oftentimes worn as perfumes. As the years pass, people are still using essential oils since they are versatile. Many of the oils have a calming effect, heal wounds, are natural cleaners, and are used in food and beauty products.
Inspire Emotional Support
Because of their pleasant and unique scents, essential oils support mental well-being. The aroma of specific essential oils is designed to directly affect the part of the brain that is the center of emotion and memory. Part of the benefits of these types of oils is that they trigger emotions and help reduce stress levels. Using the oils will give a person a balanced life, stabilized emotions, and stress relief.
- Joy™ is an essential oil blend has a mixture of floral and citrus essential oils. It creates an environment of warmth, romance, and togetherness.
- Peppermint essential oil creates an atmosphere that is both stimulating and focused to help you get through daily tasks. It also cools fatigued muscles after physical activity or cools skin after sun exposure.
Enhances Physical Wellness
As we rush around trying to fit everything into busy lives, our bodies feel the effects of that stress. Our bodies are left unbalanced and low on energy because of lifestyle habits such as poor diet, lack of exercise, and nasty environmental toxins. Young Essential Oils targets problematic areas, restoring balance and offering “wellness solutions that empower you to eliminate harmful chemicals, energize your life, ditch stress, and negativity, and reclaim your natural radiance.” Young Living provides a range of products that will help replace the essential minerals and vitamins that our lifestyle often forgets.
- Mineral Essence™ is a balanced, full-spectrum ionic mineral complex enhanced with essential oils. Ionic minerals are the most fully and quickly absorbed form of minerals available.
- Antioxidants combat free radicals that can be harmful to our bodies. Young Living offers a powerful immune-supporting supplement called Super C™ Chewable. It has pure Orange essential oil along with a blend of natural substances that provide the optimal amount of vitamin C.
- Aged-base nutrition support journeys through the different stages of aging. OmegaGize³™ combines the power of three core daily supplements-omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D-3, and CoQ10 (ubiquinone). This supplement blend ingredients work cumulatively to support joint health, normal brain function, eye, and heart health.
Because of their soothing effect essential oils have been used in many religious ceremonies.
Sacred Frankincense™ essential oil is ideal for those who wish to take their spiritual journey and meditation experiences to the next level. During meditation, inhaling the aroma of diffusing frankincense will quickly give you the feeling of peace and tranquility.
Your Home Will Be Germ-Free
Most of the products currently available on the market have harsh chemicals that often do more harm than good. Young Living Essential offers natural essential oils that not only clean your environment but also leave it smelling like a garden full of lemon trees and rose bushes.
- Oral care is taken care of when you use Young Livings’ Thieves Oil Blend which has a mix of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils. Using this blend will leave your teeth and gums invigorated.
- Natural cleaning is possible. Alternatives to the cleaning products available at the supermarket such as Lemon Essential Oil. Lemon Oil can be added to your cleaning products, a few drops in skincare or shampoo.
Cistus Essential Oil
One specific essential oil offered by Young Living Essential Oils’ is their Cistus Essential Oil. Cistus has a honey-like scent originating from a rose that has links to the biblical Rose of Sharon. Cistus has been used since biblical times. It was used in meditation as a means to quiet a troubled mind and offers many health benefits.
Health Benefits Include:
- A fantastic capability to heal wounds. Hospitals frequently use to stop hemorrhaging.
- Stimulating the five senses. It has a powerful meditative characteristic that relaxes the mind and soothes nerves.
- Anti-aging properties. It fights against aging skin because it effectively tightens and tones.
- Reducing upper respiratory illnesses like bronchitis.
- Weakening urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Reducing arthritis pain and swelling.
Aromatherapy allows the user to get as close as possible to nature. Essential oils serve as a natural alternative to over-the-counter medicine which protects the body’s immune system and conjunctively strengthens the circulation system.
All of Young Living Essential Oils use a holistic approach. Gary and Mary Young work to deliver oils that are free of contaminants and synthetics, yet powerful enough to be beneficial to the consumer. Their passion for essential oils is apparent in every part of the process.
Kat is a freelance writer.
Submit your story or essay to Buzzworthy Blogs.