Body Ecology Kefir Starter. If you are serious about boosting your immunity and increasing your daily energy, then adding traditionally fermented foods to your diet is a must. Kefir has many benefits including better digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, and has been known for thousands of years for its anti-aging and immune enhancing properties.
Kefir is an ancient cultured food rich in amino acids, enzymes, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins. Kefir means “feel good” in Turkish, and that’s just how you’ll feel after drinking a glass in the morning! Easy and fun to make at home, it is superior to commercial yogurt. Unlike yogurt, kefir can actually colonize the intestinal tract for a variety of health benefits. An absolute must after antibiotic use!
Starter contains the following beneficial bacteria:
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. diacetylactis,
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
- Lactobacillus kefyr (thermophilic)
- Saccaromyces unisporus
- Dextrose as a carrier (consumed during fermentation)
Why We Love It:
- Aids in digestion
- Eases common digestive upset
- Helps reduce discomforts associated with digestion
- Helps improve nutrient absorption
- Boosts the immune system