Bulletproof Vanilla Shortbread Max Collagen Bar will keep you full and focused for hours. Crafted with Bulletproof® Upgraded Collagen and Brain Octane to support glowing skin, flexible joints, and healthy bones.
Whether you’re in need of a midday snack and energy boost or looking for a post workout supplement for quicker muscle repair, the collagen bar supports energy and a speedy recovery to get you feeling 100 percent again.
Collagen is a long chain protein and the most abundant protein in the body. When you consume collagen, your digestive system breaks it down into amino acids. Amino acids are then absorbed throughout the body and used to support collagen production throughout the body. Collagen works to support healthy tissue repair, muscle matrix, bone renewal, joint recovery, and healthy artery flow. As we age our body’s ability to naturally produce collagen decreases, and supplementation is ideal to support healthy body function. Collagen powders are a particularly rich source of the amino acid glycine, which supports metabolic functions and detoxification.
Each bar contains three premier Bulletproof Ingredients: Upgraded Collagen, XTC Oil, and Brain Octane Oil. This special blend of gold standard Bulletproof products offers you the energy, clarity, focus, and overall health support Bulletproof is known for.
XTC Oil and Brain Octane Oil
Both XTC Oil and Brain Octane Oil both support metabolic and cognitive function. Whereas XTC Oil focuses more on metabolic enhancement, Octane Oil focuses on cognitive function. Both are quickly and easily absorbed by the body without the use of enzymes and bile. Direct travel to the liver allows it to be converted into ketone bodies — a source of energy to the body — rather than stored as fat.
Excess ketone energy is not stored as fat, which is unique to MCTs (Medium-chain triglycerides). Instead they are excreted through the lungs (breath), and kidneys (urine) and won’t weigh the body down or give a feeling of being bloated.
Benefits of Bulleproof Upgraded Collagen
Bulletprooof Upgraded Collagen is an essential protein because of its numerous health benefits. Whey, plant, and other protein sources offer the muscle repair and that may be only it. Upgraded Collagen is sourced by pasture-raised cows that never touch drugs or hormones and provides the following:
- Fast Tissue Repair – Upgraded Collagen provides the particular proteins that ensure cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin, cartilage and bone.
- Greater Flexibility and Mobility – Upgraded Collagen makes the main building blocks of connective tissue more bioavailable and better absorbed into joints for greater flexibility and mobility.
- Strong Bone and Joint support – Upgraded Collagen supports strong, heavier, denser bones and contains two building blocks of cartilage that are essential for refueling after exercise and sports.
- Revitalized Skin – Upgraded Collagen promotes skin hydration, reduces the number of fine lines, prevents deeper wrinkles, and maintains the suppleness of your skin from the inside-out.
- Build Muscle – Upgraded Collagen supports muscle building by facilitating the synthesis of creatine in the body.
- Reduce Aging – Upgraded Collagen replaces the necessary proteins that diminish and breakdown from aging.
- Deeper Sleep – Upgraded Collagen taken at bedtime deepens sleep, provides arginine to stimulate growth hormone release, and provides nutrients necessary to perform tissue repair while sleeping.
- Brain Function – Upgraded Collagen provides glycine, a neurotransmitter involved in motor and sensory pathways as well as ATP synthesis.
Why We Love It:
- Made with pasture-raised Upgraded Collagen Protein
- Supports health of body tissues such as skin, joints, and muscles
- Increases energy
- Supports speed muscle tissue recovery
- Boosts immune system
- Free of dairy, egg, sugar, corn, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, artificial flavors, or preservatives
Contains: Tree Nuts
Processed in a facility that also processes peanuts, egg, soy, milk, wheat, fish, crustacean shellfish.
Bulletproof Max Collagen Bar FAQ
How much Collagen is in each bar?
Each bar contains about 9g of Collagen.
How do these compare with other protein bars on the market?
These bars provide protein from only collagen and nuts, no dairy, no grain, non-gmo. These bars provide quality fats that are supportive for ketogenic style dietary lifestyles.
Can I blend with my coffee?
Best time of day to eat?
On an empty stomach
What is chicory and why is it in your product?
Chicory root is fiber. It contributes to your daily intake of fiber to support smooth digestion.
What is the source of cashew butter? Should I not take this if I’m allergic to nuts?
Cashew butter is all organic. Do not consume if you are allergic to nuts.
What is inulin?
Inulin is a prebiotic – an ingestible long-chain soluble fiber that your gut flora (the good bacteria you already have in your gut) can consume and ferment. You can think of prebiotic foods as high quality fuel for your gut bacteria. This good gut bacteria is responsible for helping to strengthen the bowel wall, improving mineral absorption, and supporting the regulation of hormone production.
Why I am experiencing slight indigestion when I eat the bar?
This may be caused from the prebiotic inulin. If prebiotics are not apart of your regular diet, you may experience stomach indigestion when first consuming Collagen Bars. This is a temporary side affect from feeding your gut flora, and should go away as your body adjusts.
Are the cashews tested for mold?
Yes, we only source our organic cashews from specific suppliers that care about quality and we test all of our products including our bars to meet stringent quality standards for mold and other performance-robbing substances.