Viome: Gut Microbiome Testing Kit
Unlock The Secrets Of Your Gut.
Use code HONEYCOLONY for $20 off testing kits for a limited time!
Your microbiome contains over 40 trillion microorganisms. This means that 98 percent of the cells in your body aren’t yours. That’s right, you’re more bacteria than human cells. And in order to live a healthy life you need to become familiar with the aliens in your gut; this includes feeding them, nurturing them, and creating the ideal living environment. Viome created the Gut Microbiome Testing Kit to help you determine your microbial balance/imbalance, to help you understand what the gut microorganisms are actually doing, and to educate you on what to eat in order to create a healthy gut ecosystem that will benefit total body health.
Gut Biomes: Disease And Your Health
Every few years a new diet comes out claiming to have all the answers to everyone’s weight and health issues. After the media attention dies down, and people start to pushback on the various dangers associated with the latest diet fad, a new one quickly takes its place. What most doctors and media influencers won’t tell the everyday person is that no one diet will support everyone’s health needs. Just as everyone is unique in their thoughts and lifestyle, so are our bodies and how we interact with food on a cellular level. The real answer lies in your gut.
Most microbes in your gut can produce molecules that benefit you, harm you, or have no impact on your health. Your gut microbiome is responsible for your mood, immune system, and overall health. Traditional medicine gives the brain ownership for how our bodies function, but studies are starting to show that all things begin with the gut — essentially, making the gut the “first brain”. Before vitamins, nutrients, and mineral make it to their destination, they go from mouth to stomach, where nutrients are broken down and transferred to where they are needed. If the living conditions in your gut aren’t ideal, nutrients won’t make it where they need to go and your body won’t function properly.
A poor gut biome may be the underlying culpri in many illnesses, including:
- Obesity — Obesity, metabolic syndrome and gastrointestinal disease are all influenced by our gut microbiome.
- Autoimmune Disease — Our microbiome controls our immune system more than we realize.
- Diet — What we eat alters our microbiome faster than expected.
- Diabetes — Our microbiome is associated with both type II diabetes and the complications that come with it.
- Mental Health — Our gut microbiome has been shown to influence depression, cognition, behavior, and neural development.
- Parkinson’s Disease — Gut microbiota have been linked to Parkinson’s disease and its motor symptoms.
- Heart Disease — Certain bacteria have been linked to atherosclerosis, an all-too-common heart condition.
- Alzheimer’s Disease — Microbes are involved in the development of Alzheimer’s pathology.
- Colorectal Cancer — Shifts in the makeup of our gut microbiome are associated with colorectal cancer.
The Viome: Gut Microbiome Testing Kit is here to be the one solution anyone can use to promote total body health and functionality all from the convenience of a phone app.
The Science of Viome
Viome uses a unique analysis known as metatranscriptome to discover what’s happening inside your gut and provide you a personalized action plan to fix it. Transcriptome refers to the set of all RNA molecules in one cell or a population of cells while metatranscriptome refers to the group of interacting organisms or species. By looking at each individual organism, sequencing all of the RNA in your sample, and most importantly understanding how they interact with each other, Viome creates a personalized nutrition plan, which once adhered to, provides an environment where your gut biome can flourish — resulting in a healthier life for you
Viome uses advanced technology developed for National Security at the Los Alamos National Lab to identify species and strains of all organisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, phages, yeast, parasites, etc.) in your gut. It then shows how active these organisms are and analyzes whether they are producing nutrients or toxins from the food you eat. The information is then fed into a state-of-the-art artificial intelligence engine, which then recommends the exact foods you should be eating and the ones you should be avoiding; the end goal being to keep your gut in balance which will then keep your mind and body in balance.
Here are additional must-read documents about this amazing company.
Vie: AI Guided Gut Microbiome Testing
What sets Viome apart from other testing kits is Vie. Vie is an artificial intelligence (AI) system that uses data gathered from four sources:
- Biological testing – Viome’s current mRNA primary testing is for the gut microbiome (superior to DNA testing). In the future, blood transcriptome and other biological tests will become available. *Update, blood testing is now available in Viome’s Health Intelligence Test Kit
- Expert knowledge – Experts in microbiology, nutrition, and medical science are closely involved in training Vie and updating its knowledge base as new insights and experience become available and relevant.
- Customer feedback – Viome Gut Microbiome Testing collects information from questionnaires and chat interactions with customers who have received recommendations from Viome. Customers provide information about their phenotypes (e.g., symptoms), as well as how they are following recommendations and the results they are seeing. All of this is uploaded into Vie to increase its database.
- Scientific literature – Vie is committed to staying up to date on the latest research from carefully curated scientific publications, so it has access to scientific knowledge that is ready to be applied.
Viome’s AI-enabled Chat Bot Vie
Vie provides three core personalized recommendations once all your information is compiled:
- Avoid foods – Not only will you find out which foods you should avoid, but you’ll be able to see why you should avoid them.
- Superfoods – Vie offers more than 5 superfoods to choose from, and you’ll see why you should add more of these helpful ingredients to your meals.
- Supplements – Simply click the “My Supplements” button on the homepage and find out what you can take to improve your gut health.
Viome vs Other Gut Microbiome Testing Kits
Viome is the only company with a gut microbiome test that can be used to accurately make personalized diet and nutrition recommendations — no other direct-to-consumer company possesses or offers these recommendations.
Other microbiome testing kits offer 165 sequencing or a metagenomic analysis. Only Viome’s gut microbiome testing kit provides metatranscriptome sequencing that:
- Identifies all microorganisms living in your gut: bacteria, viruses, archaea, yeast, fungi, parasites and bacteriophages 3
- Sequences RNA, which comes from live microorganisms that have a great impact on our health
- Offers high resolution of all microorganisms (noting species and strain)
- Minimizes variation in results and unbiased analysis
- Quantifies expression levels of active microbial gene functions
- Allows assessment of pathway activities that can lead to personalized health insights and recommendations with molecular-level precision based on what the microbes are doing
Viome: Gut Microbiome Testing Kit Steps
Viome is simple and easy to setup and use.
1. Member Steps/Kit Analysis: Send in your samples to create personalized recommendations that you can track and evolve with you
2. Viome Steps/Viome Results: Analyze your at-home Gut Intelligence® Tests, with the help of AI, to provide more insightful data and recommendations
3. Actionable Recommendations: Based on the samples, existing data, and a team of experts, Viome creates your personalized recommendations for lifestyle and diet changes
4. Feedback Loop: Your microbiome is always evolving, so feedback and retesting over the course of your life are integral in keeping things happy and healthy
When you sign up for a year of service with Viome, you receive ongoing updates aimed at getting you closer to your individual health and wellness goals and helping you effectively measure the evolution of your gut microbiome.
Each update provides you with more detailed information and is a reflection of the following:
- The growing science database – New gut microbiome research is constantly being released and added to Viome’s mega-database. Our experts review each study and, if it passes our rigorous standards, they teach the findings to Vie, Viome’s AI machine.
- Vie’s constant refinement – Much like a graduate student, Vie is always getting smarter. As more and more science and biological data is added to his algorithms, his processing and experience become more sophisticated.
- Your feedback – Your feedback is the biggest influence overall design changes. We also incorporate new information with each update based on what you want to see. Thank you for all your wonderful feedback, and keep it coming!
2019 updates include:
Ability to share your results and recommendations with friends, family or your doctor.
CLIA Certified: Your microbiome analysis is performed in a US laboratory that is certified to meet CLIA standards—the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988. A CLIA certified lab must meet certain quality standards and ensures the accuracy and reliability of your results.
Acquisition of Habit from Campbells Soup.
What’s Included in Viome Essential
Viome’s AI-enabled Chat Bot Vie
Vie is available to answer frequently asked questions, provide you tidbits for better health, and check-in with you now and then about how things are going. Over time, Vie will learn new skills and become better at assisting you on your wellness journey.
The information Viome provides is for educational and informational use only. The information is not intended to be used by the customer for any diagnostic purpose and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding diagnosis, cure, treatment, mitigation, or prevention of any disease or other medical condition or impairment or the status of your health.
For state regulatory reasons our tests are temporarily not available in NY, DE, MD, PA, RI.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must agree to our Terms & Conditions.
- You must be willing and able to log in to your Viome account on our website or on the Viome mobile app.
- You must be located in the United States, Canada, or the U.K.
For U.S. Customers: Viome is CLIA registered under United States federal regulatory standards. However, some states currently require additional licensing or authorization for services like Viome. We are working diligently to obtain this licensing where necessary. Viome is NOT available at this time due to licensing needs:
- Delaware (DE)
- Maryland (MD)
- New York (NY)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- Rhode Island (RI)
Viome is available for both adults and minors. Children under the age of 18 must sign a separate consent form and parents must sign a parental assent form.
All Viome accounts must be set up with a unique email address - parents cannot share accounts with their children at this time.
When registering a kit for a minor, be sure to select the appropriate age option. Failure to do so could result in a delay in processing results and recommendations.
Results and recommendations for minors may take a few days longer to process than for adults - please be aware of this when ordering Viome for a minor.
Pregnancy will affect your Viome results. However, you may be interested in understanding how your gut microbiome changes during and after your pregnancy. It's completely up to you whether you want to wait until a later date to sign up.
Yes, you can still conduct Viome testing while on medication.
You will have an opportunity to input which medications you’re taking in our questionnaires, and this will be taken into consideration when your recommendations are generated.
Some medications, such as antibiotics and antivirals, can affect your microbiome. Whether you choose to test while on antibiotics or not is up to you! If you'd like to wait, we recommend waiting at least 3 months after you finish your course of antibiotics to test.