Muse 2: Meditation Headband
Meditation Upgraded And Made Easy
Meditation has a log list of health benefits, including:
- Reducing blood pressure
- Reducing symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- Decreasing anxiety and depression
- Promoting better sleep habits and reducing insomnia.
- Promoting emotional health
- Enhancing self-awareness
- Lengthens your attention span (possibly inhibiting ADD)
- Reducing age-related memory loss
- Possibly fighting addictions through self-awareness benefits
Muse 2: Meditation Headband is coined as: Meditation Made Easy. Reason being: creating and committing to a meditation practice can be challenging and frustrating. The idea of sitting in child’s pose and hoping your neighbors don’t start yelling or a dog starts barking outside doesn’t seem as appealing — you’re always on edge. Some of the additional challenges with traditional meditation at home are:
- Being unable to focus and having your thoughts drift away
- Being unsure if you’re meditation practice is effective
- Being unable to quantify the results of your meditation sessions
Where the first version of Muse only focused on the mind, Muse 2 focused on body, breath, and heart rate. And with the advanced information that Muse 2 provides, you can have more control on how the different parts of your body respond and react.
Once you begin to lose your focus or feel meditation is another stress indicator in your life you may quickly decide to call it quits. Muse 2 Meditation Headband keeps you focused with pleasant sounds and an app that shows you quantifiable data to keep you feeling encouraged and focused and most importantly, your meditation practice will stick.
How Muse 2: Meditation Headband Works
Muse 2 translates your brainwaves into the guiding sounds of weather. As an electroencephalogram (EEG) device, widely used by neuroscience researchers around the world. EEG has been used in hospitals and research institutions for nearly century to study the brain, and Muse 2 is no different in how it interacts with the brain. Muse 2: Meditation Headband uses advanced signal processing to interpret your mental activity to help guide you through your meditation. When your mind is calm and settled, you hear peaceful weather. When your mind turn busy, you’ll hear stormy weather that cues you to bring your attention back to your breath.
During your meditation session, Muse 2 provides real time audio feedback by connecting the Muse 2: Meditation Headband to your mobile device via Bluetooth. Once connected, simply start the Muse 2: Meditation Headband app, put on your headphones, and close your eyes. Once your session is complete, you can review your results and track your progress.
Muse 2’s seven finely calibrated EEG brain sensors – 2 on the forehead, 2 behind the ears, plus 3 reference sensors – detect and measure the activity of your brain. This helps make learning the art of meditation easy, in order to help you build a rewarding, long-term practice.
Additionally, Muse 2: Meditation Headband detects and measure all five main brain waves — Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta, and Gamma — and transforms it into easily understandable experiences. The Muse app decomposes raw brainwave signals into their component oscillations, non-periodic characteristics, transient brain events, and noise, and uses techniques developed through machine learning to modulate the experience in real time.
To help keep you motivated and improving, Muse 2 also gives you points, goals, challenges and bonuses to strive for via the app. With every session you earn points, and can adjust your goal to fit your needs.
Here are the three new additions to Muse 2 and how they benefit your medittaion session.
1. Heart Rate Meditation — During your meditation, Muse 2 places you into an immersive landscape where your heartbeat is played back to you in real time. The goal is to synchronize your heartbeat to increase calm and focus.
2. Breath Meditation — Meditations will teach you to pace your breath with guided tones of ambient music. Your body and heart will sync and you’ll be rewarded with harmonized musical tones to affirm your progress and keep you on track.
3. Body Meditation — Sounds of guided wind chimes will adjust you into a balanced position. Imagine sitting in a giant windchime and being a centered pendulum swaying in the wind. The chimes will bring your attention to your movement shifts in order to correct and build awareness of posture
Muse 2: Meditation Headband App
Catering to your specific needs is what will make your meditations practice the most beneficial. With the free Muse app, you can tailor your meditation practice to suit your needs. You can choose your preferred meditation experience, or select your favorite immersive soundscape — an auditory environment that provides subtle guidance as you learn to sit, breathe, focus, and feel your own body.
Muse 2 brings your date to life via the the app. The interactive app will help learn how to build your practice through expert education and access to rich feedback experiences to accelerate learning. The app will help you visualize your personal meditation data and see progress through deeper insights.
After each session Muse 2 will show you how your brain waves did from moment to moment through simple, easy to understand graphs and charts. You can view your whole session at once, find out the amount of time you remained calm during a session, and get helpful tips on how to improve future scores.
Additionally, the Muse app allows you to record notes for each session. Since Muse 2 is available in all current languages, at the end of every Muse session record how you feel and reflect on what came up for you during your meditation. If you don’t feel like typing an essay, just pick an emoji to capture your mood. You’ll be able to easily review past entries from your past sessions.
Most importantly all data is confidential. All of your brainwave data is securely stored and belongs to you. Muse follows strict ethical guidelines for data privacy. Your data will remain strictly anonymous and confidential unless you give explicit permission otherwise.
What Makes Muse 2 Unique
- First of it’s kind: Muse is different than all other meditation apps on the market – it’s a training tool with feedback to help you learn quickly. In fact, it’s the first tool in the world that can give you accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain while you meditate.
- Muse gives you feedback about your meditation in real time by translating your brain signals into the sounds of weather.
- Muse’s whole approach revolves around helping you find what type of guidance works best for you. Instead of having several different guided meditation sessions telling you what to do, we offer different techniques to try to see what guidance works best for you personally through the real-time feedback.
- Muse does not use electrical stimulation — it’s a PASSIVE tool that gives you accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain.
- In addition to mind meditation, Muse 2 provides meditation data for breathing, heart rate, and body movement
Muse 2: Meditation Headband In Research
As a research-grade EEG device, Muse 2 is used by neuroscientists, researchers, health professionals, and developers all over the world to help them learn more about brain health and brain function. Muse 2’s brain-sensing technology has been widely used for brain research projects in hundreds of hospitals and universities worldwide, including NASA, The Mayo Clinic, UCL, MIT and many more.
Muse 2: Meditation Headband Research Results:
- In a recent study compared to the control group, the Muse 2 users showed a significantly larger reduction in stress – a 16% reduction in perceived stress in just four weeks.
- After just four weeks a group using Muse 2 showed an improvement in mental performance and reaction times compared to controls.
- Participants using Muse 2 showed changes in their resting brain states, similar to the changes seen in the brains of mindfulness meditators by other researchers, and suggesting an improved control of participants’ ability to relax.
- Research has documented other benefits, like increased grey matter density, reduced thinning of the prefrontal cortex, decreasing amygdala activity (associated with stress response), and increased resilience – basically, an overall beneficial change of the brain’s structure and function.
Watch the video below to learn how easy and beneficial Muse: Meditation Headband is:
Why We Love It:
- Meditation made easy
- Muse 2 offers heart, mind, breath, and body meditation data
- Real-time audio feedback
- Guided meditation provides cues when your brain becomes unfocused
- Provides accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain
- Regular practice can reduce anxiety, depression, and sleep issues.
- App download allows tracking and measurement of progress
- Researched backed and used worldwide
- iOS and Android compatible
- Multiple user use on single headband
No FAQ Found