Omega-3s are naturally abundant in our whole, unrefined, certified-pure Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil, which contains an ample dose of natural Vitamin D3. As well as enhancing general health, omega-3s and vitamin D support the extreme physical and mental demands placed on serious amateur and professional athletes.
Vital Choice Salmon Oil comes from the heads of freshly harvested wild Alaskan sockeye salmon. Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon are among the purest of all ocean fish, according to the EPA, FDA, and independent scientists. Its brilliant orange color comes from astaxanthin: the carotenoid-class antioxidant that wild salmon acquire by eating krill and other zooplankton. These unique attributes make Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon Oil a rare, powerfully health-promoting omega-3 supplement.
In order to guarantee the highest standard of supplementation, Vital Choice Salmon Oil is prized with Certified for Sport™ seal of approval from NSF, which assures athletes that it is free of all substances banned by sports federations worldwide.
Additionally, the oil is purified using molecular distillation, which removes mercury and man-made chemical contaminants without affecting the structure or value of the omega-3 fatty acids.
Leading sports leagues and associations, including these, have authorized their athletes to use NSF Certified for Sport™ supplements:
- Major League Baseball
- MLB Players’ Association
- National Football League
- NFL Players’ Association
- The PGA and LPGA
- Canadian Center for Ethics in Sports
All Vital Choice Salmon Oil and Vitamin D supplements are made from the same pure, natural ingredients, in the same way … but only our Salmon Oil + Vitamin D3 supplement is Certified for Sport™ by NSF.
The NSF Certified for Sport™ program enforces four key provisions and provides continual monitoring to ensure compliance with substance prohibitive lists promulgated by WADA, NSF Annex A, NFL, MLB, and NCAA:
- Banned substance screening for products intended for professional and elite athletes.
- Good Manufacturing Practices audits of the production facility.
- Toxicological reviews of the product’s formulation and substantiation of any product claims.
- Annual label claim tests to ensure the product is meeting its declared nutritional values and is free from microbial and heavy metal contamination.
Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
You can refrigerate or freeze the oil, though there is no need, except in excessively warm room conditions. Our Salmon Oil will become cloudy if refrigerated or frozen, but this is no cause for concern. (For more, see “Cloudy Fish Oil Myth”, below.)
Daily Dose: Salmon oil
The recommended dosage for healthy adults is 3 capsules daily (3,000mg of salmon oil) or as recommended by a health care professional.
CAUTIONS: Salmon oil should be taken at the recommended dose. Consult with your physician before taking substantially higher doses, or taking this product if you are pregnant, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, have a diagnosed cardiac condition or immune disorder, or anticipate surgery.
Why We Love It:
- Fish gelatin softgels
- Certified for Sport™ by NSF
- Virgin, whole, natural, unrefined
- Purity and potency certified by NSF
- 3000 IU Vitamin D3 per 3-softgel serving
- 600mg total omega-3s per 3-softgel serving
- Sockeye Salmon Oil certified sustainable by MSC
- Contains no artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy