Vital Choice: Sockeye Salmon Oil Softgels does not need to undergo chemical refining, because their wild salmon are among the purest of all ocean fish. Standard, mass-market fish oils come from diverse fish of widely variable purity and fat composition, and must undergo chemical processes (deodorization and molecular distillation) to produce palatable, standardized products. During refinement, fish oils are heated to temperatures in excess of 450 degrees F, which can degrade the structural integrity of their omega-3 molecules. Chemical refining of fish oils also alters their natural fatty acid and nutrient profiles, with unknown impacts on their health-supporting potential.
The U.S. EPA and FDA recommend wild Alaskan Salmon without reservation, and NSF International certifies the purity and potency of our Salmon Oil. Because it is not chemically refined, their Salmon Oil closely reflects the nutritional profile of its source fish, making it a true “whole food” supplement.
Research shows strong evidence that the omega-3s EPA and DHA can boost heart health and lower triglycerides. And there are studies showing that omega-3 fatty acids may help also help with rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and inflammation.
Why We Love It
- Fish gelatin capsules
- Virgin, whole, natural, unrefined
- Purity and potency certified by NSF
- Pure Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil
- Certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
- 600mg omega-3s per serving (with 240mg EPA + 220mg DHA)
- No artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy
- Our whole, unrefined, certified-pure virgin Omega-3 Sockeye Salmon Oil is extracted from wild Alaskan sockeye within hours of harvest.
- The brilliant orange color of our Salmon Oil comes from astaxanthin: a potent antioxidant pigment that wild sockeye acquire by eating krill and other zooplankton.