Vital Choice Wild Antarctic Krill Oil Supplement
Nutrition From The Ocean
Only 3 left in stock (can be backordered)
Whole and unrefined Vital Red™ Wild Antarctic Krill Oil provides essential omega-3s and unrivaled levels of antioxidants within a unique natural matrix.
Better yet, it’s the first krill oil supplement certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), which mandates independent monitors on the harvest ships.
This rigorous certification regimen ensures that our oil comes from krill that are sustainably harvested … an assurance needed to preserve the ocean food web that relies on these tiny shrimp-like creatures.
Krill oil is taken out from the body of the shrimp-like crustaceans called krill, which are very small and found in deep seas and oceans. It is also considered as an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA. But the specialty of this oil is its astaxanthin component. It is a highly beneficial antioxidant that contributes to the bright red color of the creature as well as the supplements. Apart from this, krill oil comes with all those benefits that fish oil offers to us due to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids in it.
Krill oil offers three special attributes:
1. Rare source of phospholipid omega-3s
- Most of krill oil’s omega-3 fatty acids occur in the “phospholipid” form, which is absent from or scarce in fish oils.
- Substantial evidence indicates that phospholipid-form omega-3s are better-absorbed … and may provide enhanced health benefits (more information below).
2. Unrivaled levels of an uncommon antioxidant
- Krill oil offers uniquely high levels of astaxanthin (ass-tah-zan-thin). This potent carotene-class antioxidant also occurs in wild salmon and in unrefined salmon oil supplements such as Vital Choice Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil.
- Vital Choice Krill Oil contains 100mcg of pure astaxanthin per one-gram capsule (i.e., 200mcg per two-capsule serving), and about 200mcg of “esterfied” (fat-bound) astaxanthin per gram (i.e., 400mcg per two-capsule serving).
- Misleadingly, most krill oil brands state astaxanthin content as esterfied astaxanthin, which is about double the weight of pure astaxanthin.
3. Little or no fishy “repeat”
- Probably due to the phospholipid form omega-3s that predominate in krill oil, many people report little or no fishy aftertaste or burps, compared with fish oils.
Krill Oil’s Uncommon Omega-3s
The two major omega-3 fatty acids in krill oil are the same two found in fish and human cell membranes (EPA and DHA).
However, unlike fish oils, most of the omega-3s in krill oil occur in phospholipid (foss-foh-lipid) form … a difference whose relevance to human health remains unclear.
The human body can use seafood-source omega-3s (EPA and DHA) in any of the three forms in which they occur naturally … triglyceride, phospholipid, and ethyl ester.
While all three omega-3 forms are well-absorbed and beneficial, limited evidence suggests that phospholipid-form omega-3s may be more easily and fully absorbed, compared with triglyceride omega-3s and ethyl ester omega-3s.
These preliminary indications fit with evidence that the body needs fewer metabolic steps and less energy to digest, absorb, and distribute omega-3 phospholipids.
Some research suggests that krill oil’s phospholipid-form omega-3s may yield superior cardiovascular and other health effects.
Omega-3 Health Benefits
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) found only in seafood (especially fatty fish) – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages:
- Fetal development
- Skin, hair, and nails
- Joints and movement
- Cognition (thinking), attention, mood, and memory
Why We Love It:
- Pure, whole, unrefined
- Less “repeat” than most fish oil 480mg of omega-3s* per serving
- Rich in rare, phospholipid-form omega-3s
- Certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council
- 200mcg pure astaxanthin per serving (400mcg of esterfied astaxanthin)
- No artificial preservatives/colors; no dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy
Pure Antarctic krill oil, softgel capsule (gelatin*, glycerin, purified water, ethyl vanillin).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish. Contains no artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy. *Bovine Gelatin
**May contain traces of shellfish proteins. Persons with shellfish allergies should consult a physician before taking krill oil.
No FAQ Found